• Go-anywhere 4-track Recording Solution
• Built-in mics, plus inputs for your mics and instruments
• Auto Recording mode for hands-free recording
• 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for Mac and PC
• Record hundreds of hours of audio on a single SD card
The Tascam DR-40X is a versatile four-track audio recorder for cinema, music, podcasting and any other applications.Easy-to-use compact design with a high-performance feature set and versatile audio I/O, allow you to produce professional content.
Dual Neutrik® XLR/TRS combo jacks support both mic-level and +4dBu line-level. These inputs can accept balanced microphone or line level from Mixers or the FOH console. The microphone preamp includes +48V phantom power and plenty of gain for detailed recordings with condenser microphones, as well as electret type microphones. Using the stereo built-in microphones, you can capture ambient sound of the audience while recording direct from an external console, which is ideal for capturing live performances.
DR-40X allows high-quality recording with its stereo built-in condenser microphones. Every detail is captured from small whispers to loud sounds up to 125dB SPL. These built-in microphones are adjustable unidirectional microphones for recording in an X-Y pattern for tight stereo imaging, or in an A-B pattern for a more ambient recording.
DR-40X is equipped with adjustable unidirectional microphones that can be used for recording in both the A-B position and X-Y position. Advanced microphone placing allows for a wide stereo sound recording or a clear stereo sound recording with less phase difference, making it possible to achieve professional quality recordings.
Connecting to a PC using USB Audio interface mode, and DR-40X becomes a tool for voiceover work, live streaming and songwriting with studio-quality audio. Built-in microphones work as USB microphones.
In addition to normal stereo channel recording and Dual Recording mode, DR-40X has "4CH Mode" that can record two different stereo feeds simultaneously. The combination of the sources are flexible; recording the built-in microphones along with a pair of external Mics such as close-up and ambient microphones, or recording the built-in Mics along with a balanced line input such as the feed from a mixer along with the sound in the room.
DR-40X support a SDXC card, which can record longer with larger data capacity. If you record one stereo file in 44.1kHz/ 16bit CD quality, 128GB card holds 192 hours maximum. In MP3/ 320kbps, it can record up to 896 hours. (that is 37 days!).
• High-quality unidirectional stereo condenser microphones that can record in A-B and X-Y positions
• XLR/TRS inputs compatible with +4dBu line level / +48V
• 4-channel mode that can be used for dual recording and nondestructive overdub recording, etc.
• Support multiple languages for menu (ENG/FRA/DEU/ITA/ESP/RUS/PRT/JPN/CHI/KOR)
• Overwrite function for Punch-In recording with one level of Undo
• Functions as a 2in/ 2out USB Audio Interface for Mac, PC or iOS recording
• Dictation mode designed for human voice recording and transcription
• MS decoding function making it possible to use M-S microphones
• Optional RC-3F foot switch and RC-10 wired remote control can be connected
• Long-time operation of maximum 18 hours is possible using just the internal batteries
• Reverb effect
• Auto recording function
• Proven high sound pressure design for capturing loud sounds of up to 125dB SPL
• Peak reduction function that detects peaks and automatically sets the optimal level
• Self timer recording function
• Seamless gain control
• Low-cut filter with three levels (40/80/120Hz)
• Speed change (VSA) function for adjusting the speed from 0.5 to 2.0 times (in 0.1 increments)
• Level align feature that prevents uneven volume levels
• Equalizer setting for adjusting playback sound quality
• Divide/delete functions
• Loop/repeat playback function that is convention for practicing music and studying languages
• Resume function that retains the last stop position and starts playback from that position when power is turned
• Jump-back playback function that skips back a preset number of seconds during playback
• QUICK menu button for easy access to various functions
• High-quality 24-bit/96kHz WAV/BWF linear PCM and MP3
• SD/ SDHC/ SDXC (up to 128GB) can be used for recording media
• Mark function that can set up to 99 points for a single track
• Audio files created on computers can be played (Only in formats compatible with this product)
• Built-in monaural speaker with an output of 0.3W
• Pre-recording buffer that can record up to 2 seconds prior to starting recording
• When a predetermined maximum file size is reached, a new file is created to continue recording
• Track increment creates new files at arbitrary locations during recording
• File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
• The first six characters of the file name for recording can be set freely
• Playlist function
• A chromatic tuner is equipped which is helpful for practicing musical instruments
• Stereo mini line output / Headphone output connector
• 128×64 pixel graphic LCD with backlight
• High-speed file transfer to a computer using USB 2.0
• Powered by 3 AA batteries, USB bus power, or optional AC adapter (PS-P520E)
• Rubber feet for improving acoustic properties during desktop recordings are included
• Tripod attachment screw-hole built in to the unit