The SM48 unidirectional dynamic microphone is a great performance microphone. It maintains a true cardioid pattern throughout its frequency range, ensuring high gain before feedback and rejection of off-axis sound. The tailored frequency response is ideal for lead vocals, backup vocals, and spoken word applications. A presence rise brightens mid-range performance, and a low frequency roll off controls proximity effect.
The SM48 includes a shock-mounted cartridge, a steel mesh grille, and an integral "pop" filter.
• Cardioid pickup pattern rejects off-axis sound and provides superior gain before feedback
• Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened mid-range and bass rolloff to control proximity effect
• Shock-mounted cartridge for exceptional ruggedness and reduced handling noise
• Built-in "pop" filter that reduces explosive breath sounds and wind noise
• Supplied stand adapter and carrying/storage bag
• Legendary Shure quality and ruggedness
Frequency Response: 55 to 14,000 Hz
Polar Pattern: Cardioid (unidirectional)-rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency
Impedance: Microphone rating impedance is 150 ohms (270 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs
rated at 19 to 300 ohms
Output Level: (at 1,000 Hz) Open Circuit Voltage: * -57.5 dBV/Pa (1.3 mV) *1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3.
Connector: XLR professional audio
Net Weight: 370 grams (13.1 oz)