The JBL JRX225 is a portable, dual fifteen-inch, two-way speaker system designed specifically for applications in live music performance and music playback. The dual fifteen configuration is especially useful for applications in which additional low-frequency power and extension is needed but adding a subwoofer to the system is not practical.
• Dual JBL low frequency drivers with a 64 mm (2.5 in) diameter edgewound ribbon voice coil which provides more crosssectional wire area in the voice coil gap than round wire designs, for greater efficiency and power handling.
• JBL 2414H-C 25 mm (1 in) polymer diaphragm compression driver improves high frequency performance as well as system reliability.
• The advanced network topology crossover design shapes frequency response and delivers coherent summation in the crossover region.
• A "Quasi 3-Way" design offers the extra bass for which a dual fifteen system is designed, but without sacrificing performance in the critical mid-range. The upper woofer produces mid-frequencies and bass, while the lower woofer concentrates on bass only. The reduction in mid-range phase cancellation greatly improves midrange sound quality and coverage.
• High-voltage capacitors and inductors with massive cores and heavy gauge wire enable the crossover network to handle high power without saturating.
• Progressive Transition™ high frequency waveguide provides superior coverage control, reduced distortion, and smoother frequency response.
• The rugged, acoustically superior enclosure is constructed from 19 mm (.75 in) MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) using advanced adhesives and mechanical fastener technology for extreme durability and improved low-frequency performance.
• SonicGuard™ protects the high frequency driver from excess power without interrupting the performance.
• Non-resonant, all-steel handles are used.
• Attractive 18-gauge perforated, steel grille protects components from damage.
Power Rating: 500 W / 2000 W
Frequency Range (-10dB): 42 Hz - 18 kHz
Frequency Response (±3 dB): 62 Hz - 13 kHz
Sensitivity (@1m): 100 dB SPL (1w/1m)
Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
Recommended Amplifier Power: 500 W to 1000 W into 4 ohms
Maximum SPL (1m): 133 dB
Nominal Dispersion: 90º x 50º
Crossover Frequency: 2.2 kHz
Dimensions (H x W x D): 1092 mm x 464 mm x 426 mm (43 in x 18.3 in x 16.8 in)
Weight: 42.6 kg (94 lb)
Inputs: Neutrik® Speakon® NL-4 (x1); .25 in TS phone jack (x1); parallel